You can strengthen your connection to the earth in many ways. This is the story of its history, which begins with the mystical start of the universe: The Big Bang 14 trillion years ago and runs through its steady expansion to its present-day form.
- Visit the following website https://www.greenspirit.org.uk/pdf/SacredStoryEbook.pdf for the complete story.
- Before the Cosmic Walk can be walked, the facilitators need to set out the route according to the instructions in the E-book.
- The long path from the E-book is designed as a permanent item on a school campus, for example. The short trail can be used as a pop-up trail and can actually be plotted anywhere in nature.
- The path can be straight, spiral or a combination of both and can be walked alone or in a small group, with one or two people reading the text.
- The time represented by each step varies throughout the walk. In the first stage, each step is equal to 67 million years which decreases to 1 million years at the end of the route. Walking the trail should take about an hour.
Developing a sense of the vastness of nature that will go on to create more inspired eco-designs from the students.
To take in with amazement the vast time and dimensions of the universe and thereby experience a sense of unity in creation.